Friday, June 1, 2007

And the book of the day is...


The Egypt Game!

By Zilpha Keatley Snyder



About Egypt

Ancient Egypt was a civilization in northeastern Africa. It depended a lot on the Nile river where it was built. The Egyptians had a king called a pharaoh. The people thought this pharaoh was the son of the great god, Rah.They worshiped him. When the pharaohs died they were made into mummies. Then they were buried in giant triangle tombs called pyramids. The people thought they would go to a place called the land of the dead. They put the king food and games in the tomb, too. The people made myths up about their idols.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was a boy I loved books about Egypt. My favorites were the ones with all the amazing pictures of the cities, tombs, and monuments that the Egyptians built and the stories of their kings and queens. The Egyptians were truly awesome (and terrible!)

I think we need to get your computer fixed so that you can post more often. I enjoy reading your book reviews.

Lots of love to you. You are an amazing daughter and I am so excited about all the wonderful things you do and will do!

Papa

Chloe Cunningham said...

Papa,

Did you know I created these whole sentences about Egypt out of my nolige of Egypt! Unfortionley, I don't have much nolege in spelling.

Chloe

CES said...

I studied the Egyptians one year in school. They are truly wonderful in what they do. We need to get together sometime and talk about them.

Chloe Cunningham said...

Gretel, I absolutley LOVE learning about the egyptons, they were sooo strange!
Your Friend, El